Thursday, January 28, 2010

The Musical Fruit

Every time I go to the gym, I always start with a ten minute run on the treadmill to get my heart beat up and to shake off the cold winter weather that manages to seep into my bones on the five minute walk from my office to the gym. Once I get on the treadmill, I strap on my iPod, navigate to my Work Out playlist, and start my run. Usually I have the volume turned up to the point that it drowns out the sound of my fellow treadmill runners' feet as it bounces on the vinyl belt.

My workout music is 1/3 European Dance Pop, 1/3 Pop Rock, and 1/3 R&B and Hip-Hop, basically anything that has a beat and is uptempo is what's on my playlist. The good thing about the music is it helps me zone out and instead of focusing on the time slooowly ticking away on the treadmill timer, I end up mouthing the words, bopping my head, and look like a fool.

Tonight was an exception to that rule. I picked up my iPod as usual, turned on the music, and right in the middle of Dannii Minogue's "I Begin to Wonder", I farted. I don't think it was bad enough to clear the room, but it certainly was bad enough to make the woman next to me get off her treadmill while it was still going, walk three treadmills down the row, and resume her running.

So, my only lesson for the day is if you're going to work out, don't eat broccoli with you lunchtime meal!

1 comment:

  1. For what it's worth, I consider the cardio area to be a gas friendly area. Let 'em rip- you're working hard! If the person next to you is bothered than (s)he's not working hard enough.

    ReplyDelete